.  + 334 pages. This is evidently an authorised translation as it contains a 1729 dedication to the Archbishop of Canterbury and address To the Reader by Le Clerc. Dutchman Hugo Grotius (1583-1645) and the Genevan Jean Le Clerc (1657-1736) were both members of the Remonstrant (Arminian) church in Holland; translator John Clarke (1682-1757), later Dean of Salisbury, was a younger brother of Samuel Clarke. This book once belonged to Rev Thomas B Tuitt. View More...
Read more here.